Monday, March 15, 2021

Animal Jam (Classic) Rarity Check #1 : Giant Plushies?

Animal Jam Rarity Check #1 : Giant Plushies?
Welcome to Animal Jam Rarity Check, or AJRC! AJRC wants to help jammers understand their items more, while giving my own insight on whether or not I think an item's rarity is fair.

Today I want to take a look at a few selection of den items: 
the Conservation Museum giant plushies.
If you aren't familiar, they were released a long time ago... Around in 2011, they were sold at the Conservation Museum, and then they left shops in 2013. As far as I know, they are probably obtainable through the Forgotten Desert, but otherwise they are practically unobtainable, or difficult to get, at least.

The whole set includes the Giant Tiger Plushie, Giant Bunny Plushie, Giant Panda Plushie, Giant Wolf Plushie, Giant Monkey Plushie, Giant Koala Plushie, Giant Seal Plushie, Giant Elephant Plushie, Giant Rhino Plushie, Giant Crocodile Plushie, Giant Horse Plushie, Giant Penguin Plushie, Giant Giraffe Plushie, Giant Fox Plushie, and Giant Raccoon Plushie.


The tiger plushie. View the rest of the set here.

Their Value, According to "AJ Item Worth Wiki" 

To my surprise, I found that the entire set is actually quite worthless, excluding the raccoon plushie. All the plushies are, as it stands, only worth a few rims each. The raccoon on the other hand is worth a few den betas. Why is this? Not sure, I'm guessing because it was the only one out of the set that wasn't members only. 

I don't know why they're currently worth so little. Maybe no one has really thought about them in awhile so their worth is just really low because everyone forgot about them. Right now I'm obsessed with them! Because they're so old, and have never seen another release since 2013, it's only fair that they get the same treatment other items get and be awarded the title of "worth more than just a random rim."

What I Think They're Worth

I think the rarity they're at now is all so totally wrong. I mean, they were released in 2011, left shops in 2013 and have never been released ever since then, but they're only worth a few random rims? WHAT IS THAT?! Plus, these items look great, in my opinion. They remind me of the old Animal Jam vibes where everything was less modern and more wild. I wish AJHQ would come back to that and release more items that touched the wild nature side of things. They don't quite make items like they used to. I really don't think there is any downside to owning these guys!

With that in mind, I think these should absolutely be worth at least 1-2 den betas. Because the raccoon seems to be rarer than the rest, we'll say it's rarity should be bumped up 1-2 den betas just as the rest of the set. 
I hope maybe one day the AJ Gods of Rares will grant the Conservation Museum giant plushie set a rarity that isn't so low.

Til next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment